Fr. Mogg passed away at 11:00 on Saturday 26th February 2022. He was a giant in the history of Holy Spirit Parish from 1979 to 2002 as well as many other organisations and to all that met him before, during and after this period.
His funeral was held at Holy Spirit Church, Oban Road, Ringwood North on Monday 7th March 2022 at 12:00 noon.
- Park Orchards & North Ringwood Junior Football Club: https://www.facebook.com/PONRPJFC.Sharks/posts/5091211860940637
- Holy Spirit Netball Club: https://www.facebook.com/holyspiritnetballclub/photos/a.1308410852557400/4814642121934238/
- An Enabling Life: Vale Fr Kevin Mogg AM: melbournecatholic.org/news/an-enabling-life-vale-fr-kevin-mogg-am
- David Grant 26th February 2022:
Today one of the few role models, genuine humans, and significant influences on my life passed away peacefully. Father Mogg was the Parish priest at Holy Spirit Parish Nth Ringwood. I attended Holy Spirit Primary School and was raised a catholic at the parish.
I had the pleasure of being an alter boy for many years under the guidance of Father Mogg. I was fortunate enough to attend several special end of year celebrations for the alter boys where Moggy would take a number of us to the Melbourne cup. I had the honour of dining at the Wheatleys with him (recently departed Glenn Wheatley), I have memories such as meeting Gough Whitlam and Malcom Fraser and Bart Cummings during some of these.
During Mum's divorce and difficult times as an early teen, Father Mogg provided safe counsel and helped guide a young confused teen into a world without a present father.
Despite my religious beliefs changing, Father Mogg has always represented to me what is good about religion. Every catholic priest joke hurt me because my experience with a catholic priest has always been one of incredible humanity and a living embodiment of what it means to be a good human.
I’ll never ever forget Father Kevin Mogg. I loved him and will continue to love him. He made an indelible mark on my life and helped shaped me into a good human especially during the most difficult time in any young man's life.
Rest in Peace Father Mogg. You are guaranteed a seat in the best of afterlives.
- Catholic Social Services Victoria: css.org.au/vale-fr-kevin-mogg-am-pe/
- Catholic Care Victoria: www.catholiccarevic.org.au/news/237/vale-fr-kevin-mogg-am
Father's Book: An Enabling Life
Farewell Fr. Kevin you have been our local legend.